Saturday, September 10, 2011

Wrapping it All Up

Largely because I want to be able to remember as much of my amazing Spain trip as I can, I feel like I need to have one more entry.

Michelle and her friend ended up pushing their trip to France back by a day, so we hung out some Saturday night and Sunday!  I was also able to move my flight up a day, so I didn't have to hang all alone for too long.

Saturday night...we headed back out for Patatas Bravas....yum!


In Puerta del Sol
Michelle's usual craving...ice cream!  As you can tell, all the people in the picture look thrilled!
While the during the week bullfights were done, they still had Sunday bullfights.  Thanks to my delayed flight I got to partake and see one!




Right before the last bullfight we were planning to leave early, but saw a ballerina was taking pictures down below.  We went out to watch.


Then ended up getting a picture with her thanks to this guy we met.  I couldn't understand most of what was being said, but he appeared slightly tipsy and strange.  He was insistent of us getting pictures and somehow seemed to be able to get them (Without people saying absolutely not).


There's the guy...the one that we were unsure about in the blue shirt.  Apparently he was matador Ivan Garcia's manager, which explained why we were able to easily get pictures with the matadors as they came out of the arena at Plaza de Toros de Las Ventas in Madrid, Spain.
Ivan Garcia and the Hatfield Sisters :)
A couple websites from the day we went:
http://elredondeltaurino.blogspot.com/2011/08/fotosmadrid-las-ventas-28-08-2011.html
http://www.entorero.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=243:video-resumen-las-ventas-280811&catid=14:video-resumen&Itemid=7

Goodbyes had to come :(...the sisters had to say goodbye at the metro station.

We left in opposite directions on the metro.

No comments:

Post a Comment